E-mails About Your Order
After you place your order, you will receive e-mails about your order. Below are examples of e-mails you might receive:
- Order Confirmation. This e-mail confirms that we have received your order and includes your order number. Keep this e-mail for your records.
- Backorder Notice. This e-mail informs you that an item from your order is not available for immediate shipment and will ship when it is available. Your credit card is charged when the item is shipped. When the item is available to ship, we will send you an e-mail with your order number. Keep this e-mail for your records.
- Shipment Confirmation. This e-mail confirms that your order, or part of your order has shipped. You may receive multiple e-mails depending on the items you selected, or if you ordered multiple items and they were shipped separately. The arrival time of your order depends on the shipping method selected, item selected, and your shipping location.
- Important notice about your order. There are a few reasons why you would receive this e-mail, including: difficulty in processing your order, inability to ship to the address provided, duplicate order, cancellation of order. Should you receive a notice like this, please call a Customer Service Specialist at 1-866-795-6476 immediately so the problem can be addressed.
See your order even if you are not a registered user. Enter the order number and the billing address postal code.
Please note: After you place your order, order information may take up to 1 hour to appear.
For more information about tracking your order, click here.
Order Status Glossary
Understanding the Status of Your Order
The status of your order is available in Your Order History within 1 hour after you place an order and is automatically updated each time your order moves a step further in the process. The following list of status messages and their meanings will help you understand what's going on with your order.
Some orders may contain items that ship separately by different carriers and /or shipping methods; the individual item status for orders that are shipped via multiple methods is also available in Your Order History.
How is order status different from tracking information?
The status of your order is supplied by www.gnc.ca, and your order status between the time you place it and the time it ships from our warehouse. Once your order leaves our warehouse, it is handled by a carrier (such as FedEx, USPS or UPS) that may provide tracking information until your order is delivered*. The tracking information is accessible from Your Order History on our website when it becomes available.
|Standard Status Messages|
|Submitted and processing||Your order has been submitted and the information you entered during checkout is being processed.|
|Item(s) located in stock||The items that you selected and submitted with your order during checkout are available and have been located in our warehouse.|
|Shipped on: 00/00/0000||The items have shipped from our warehouse and are on their way to the shipping destination indicated by you during checkout.|
|Back-ordered||One or more items in your order are currently unavailable for shipment. You will be notified via e-mail when the item(s) become available and ship from our warehouse.|
|Return received on: 00/00/0000 Return is processing.||If you returned an item to our warehouse, this status lets you know that we have received the item.|
|Credit issued on: 00/00/0000||After your returned item is processed and your original order information is located, your credit is issued. You can expect to receive credit for a returned item within 30 days of when we receive it at the warehouse.|
Additional Status Messages
|Temporarily Suspended: Please call 1-866-795-6476||If you receive this status message it does not mean your order has been cancelled. Potentially due to missing or invalid order or payment information, your order is suspended awaiting verification from you. If you receive this status message, please call the phone number you see immediately for assistance.|
|Special Order: Awaiting inventory||Items may be backordered for a variety of reasons, including late arriving inventory, manufacturer restrictions on the item's release date, and customization in progress. You will be notified via e-mail when the item(s) become available and ship from our warehouse.|
|Cancelled on 00/00/0000 due to missing or invalid order information||If an error occurs during the order authorization process it first goes into suspension while we attempt to reach you for verification, and then it is cancelled. Once an order is cancelled it cannot be processed and must be placed again on our website in order to proceed.|
|Cancelled on 00/00/0000 due to missing or invalid payment information||Due to missing or invalid payment information, your order was cancelled. Once an order is cancelled it cannot be processed and must be placed again on our website in order to proceed.|
*Tracking information may not be available for up to 48 hours after an item is shipped from our warehouse.
Tracking Your Order
When can you track your order?
At our warehouse, tracking numbers are assigned to packages almost immediately and generally appear on our website along with your order information. However, it may take up to 3 full business days before the package is checked into the delivering carrier's tracking system after shipment. That means even though your package has already shipped from our warehouse and is on its way to you, the carrier may not be able to provide any information about your package for up to 3 full business days.
Orders placed on www.gnc.ca may be delivered by one of several different carriers and shipping methods. Therefore, tracking availability may vary depending on the type of item you purchased, the shipping method you selected during Checkout, and the carrier that is delivering your item(s).
Occasionally, orders are delivered via a carrier that does not offer the ability to track a package. In these rare instances, Your Order History on www.gnc.ca will not offer tracking information, but will still offer order status and other details. Read the information provided below to learn the difference between tracking information and the order status.
Finding Your Order Status
The status of your order is easy to find.
- Check your e-mail. You were required to enter an e-mail address during Checkout; you will receive e-mails at your address keeping you up-to-date about the status of your order.
- Visit the website. Sign In for Your Order History at www.gnc.ca 24 hours a day. If you signed up for a GNC.ca account, you may view information about your most recent orders (including tracking information) as well as past orders.
- Contact us. If you still have questions about your order, please contact us via e-mail.
How is order status different from tracking information?
The status of your order is supplied by www.gnc.ca, and represents what is happening with your order between the time you place it and the time it ships from our warehouse. Once your order leaves our warehouse, it is handled by a carrier (such as FedEx or USPS) that may provide tracking information until your order is delivered*. The tracking information is accessible from Your Order History on our website when it becomes available.
*Tracking information may not be available for up to 3 full business days after an item is shipped from our warehouse.
Delivery of Your Items
Delivery of your items can take anywhere from 1 to 10 full business days except for Military APO/FPO addresses, depending on your location and the shipping method you select at Checkout. Business days are Monday-Friday, excluding federal holidays within Canada. To read more about delivery times and shipping options, click here.
When your order is delivered you should immediately inspect the carton for any potential damage that may have occurred during shipment. Carefully inspect the packaging as well as the contents of the package. It is normal for the carton to show some wear; however, if damage did occur follow these steps:
- Accept the package, but make a note of the damage on the shipping receipt, sign and date it. The delivery person should also sign the slip and leave a copy for your records. Contact a Customer Service Representative immediately by calling 1-866-795-6476. Please have your order number available when you call.
- If there is extensive damage to the package, refuse the order and contact a Customer Service Representative immediately by calling 1-866-795-6476. Please have your order number available when you call.
Changing or Canceling Your Order
Cancellations Due to Order Processing Difficulties
Occasionally, orders or parts of an order are cancelled by our system for various reasons. Some reasons are:
- Item(s) not available.
- Difficulty in processing your payment information.
- Cannot ship to address provided.
- Duplicate order was placed.
If your order is cancelled, you will receive an important notice regarding your order via e-mail which will explain the reason for the cancellation. You will not be billed for any cancelled items.
Changing or Canceling Your Order
After you have clicked "Send My Order," your order begins to process and you cannot cancel or change your order.* Our system is designed to fill orders and get them on their way as quickly as possible. Once you receive your order in the mail, simply return any items you do not want by following our Return Instructions.
*Note: You may only cancel your order if you receive an e-mail notifying you that:
- One or more items in your order is on backorder. (You may only cancel the backordered items.) Please contact us immediately at 1-866-795-6476 if you wish to cancel these items.
- We are unable to process your payment information. Please contact us immediately at 1-866-795-6476 if you wish to cancel your order.